Monday, April 13, 2009

Diversions :-)

Something I'm always needed to learn is that I'm not going to be Mother Theresa or Leslie Sansone or Brenda Davis overnight, or possibly at all. And that's OK. Every step I make in the right direction is a great step, and I should acknowledge and appreciate it instead of always focusing on the bad.

Today I had oatmeal with blueberries and soymilk for breakfast.
I grabbed a diet dr pepper on the way to work, but just the drink, no snacky mcsnackersons.
For lunch I brought leftover deliciouso lentil-corn-salsa-cucumber-greenonion-carrot tacos for lunch. I actually mixed the filling with the salsa in one Tupperware, and put the tortillas and raw veggies in the second. Then at lunch I heated up the filling and the tortillas. Two people came into the breakroom and drooled over my lunch!! They said "You always have the best smelling food" YAY!

THEN I got a diet soda (just the drink, no snackies) at around 3, and at 4 I ate a bag of Baked Lays. I was hungry on the way home so I went to Wendy's drive-thru for some unhealthy food, BUT, when I got home I started making chickpea-kidneybean-brownrice-spinach-tomato pilaf. It smells great! So yeah, I had a little nasty junk after work but most of the day went really well and I'm so happy a couple of people at work admire my healthy foods. YAY!

You might think I didn't make split pea soup for dinner ahead of time. WELL, I put the split peas and spices to boil last night at 9 and fell asleep. At 10 I woke up to the smell of burnt popcorn/split pea soup. SIGH! I left the mess and by the time I cleaned up most of it once I got home from work, I wasn't very excited about split pea soup. Even less than normal!

On a side note, I'm reading Mindless Eating by Brian Wanskin and loving it! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment