Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Idea

















OK the idea is this: I need to save money and lose weight.

Who doesn't?

I decided on a few rules to try for awhile, and adapt as necessary. The idea is to be thrifty and healthy, since pretty much living off junk food and restaurant food is neither nor. My sister Anna wanted to try something similar, and do a joint-blog, so I thought, why not? I'm not sure if she's following the same rules as me, though.

Ruthie's Rules (for now):

#1 Grocery shop for food once a week.

#2 Record the prices of the food you buy. This will be the basis of the price book. The idea is to spend LESS each week, if possible.

#3 Eat the food you buy, and only the food you buy, from the grocery store. No extra bag of chips from the gas station, no "I'm too tired to cook" dinner from the Chinese place, no fast food for lunch.

#4 Record the food you eat, because the simple act of writing down the food you eat makes you consume less calories. Check it out! I've counted calories before and have no desire to do that again. Food journaling seems like a happy alternative. :-)

#5 Sweat a little everyday. Exercise is what getting fit is all about. And it doesn't have to be expensive, you just have to do it (and write it down!)

Alright, that's the idea. :-)

Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment